RPG Freak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Freak

RPG Freak is a forum based play-by-post role playing site with a growing community that doesn't restrict itself to any one genre. RPG Freak is all about role playing diversity.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fayre (the beginning)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fefe
Fefe

Character sheet
Character:
Fayre (the beginning) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Fayre (the beginning) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

Fayre (the beginning) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fayre (the beginning)   Fayre (the beginning) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 am

"Well, the only reason I accepted the help was because she said she was a tournament winner, and a female. Female swords are normally made smaller because we're smaller, same with shields and what not. She would know more of what it's like fighting with weapons made lighter and smaller for a woman to be able to wield." Fayre shrugs, and only takes a pause in her food to defend her position on the matter. At any rate, she won't argue with Kemeth, he is right and Fayre knows this. Plus, he makes a good point a fight will develop their own unique style to be the best he or she can be, but for the time being she did need a few pointers in the mean time. Once finished with breakfast and Kemeth done talking, she slapped upon the shoulder and chuckles nervously. Kemeth is a complex young man... But she keeps this thought to herself.

As they leave the pub and begin to walk around, Fayre takes in all the sights and smells. Apparently there was some sort of market place fair going on, and there were performers, scam artists and the like. She watched as a man swallowed swords, and shuddered as it went down easily, and came out clean. It was just unnatural. She spotted Rane in the distant crowd, but her back was to Fayre and it looked as if she was arm wrestling some man. She shrugs this off and continues walking. Nothing too interesting that caught her attention until they happened upon a man selling jewelry. Any girl's weakness is something expensive and shiny. She pauses to look, and Kemeth merely rolls his eyes. Fayre couldn't help, one piece in particular caught her attention.

It was a necklace, like the one she found in the river on their way here. One that was iridescent in nature and seemed to change color constantly. She pulled the strap of leather out from her clothes to compare the necklaces. Indeed, they were the same. The cart owner gasped and looked at her strangely. "How did you get that? I never forget a face who buys from my cart and I do not remember your's young lady." he said in an almost scolding tone, she looked at him and smiled politely. "I found it... In a river, why?" she asked curiously. He chuckles and shakes his said. "Sorry if I gave you a fright, didn't mean to. I just remember this necklace well, it was bought by a young man about his age." the cart owner nods in the direction of Kemeth, "and he bought it to impress a young lady, apparently she wasn't impressed for she had received diamonds from another suitor the previous day. I offered to give him back the money for it, but he refused and instead mumbled something about a fair maiden would have it one day. My guess is he threw it in the river for someone like you to find. I cannot remember his name, but if you see a young man with dark hair, and eyes to match thank him." the cart owner's smile widened. "I only made two of those, and one is on your neck so you're a lucky girl." He chuckles again and busies himself with another task, dismissing Fayre.

She beams. Know that she knows the story of the necklace it has all the more meaning! She walks back to Kemeth and tucks the necklace back into place as they head to the stable. Fayre walks straighter and prouder, thinking that she is the fair maiden he meant for this necklace to be found by. As they walked nothing else caught her attention, all she could think about was the story linked to the necklace and possibly finding the man who tossed it into a river. The stop she had made cost them maybe fifteen minutes of their time, and soon about thirty had passed and Kemeth mentioned they were close to the stables where they would find the horse for Sir Roddick.
Back to top Go down

Fayre (the beginning)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2