RPG Freak

RPG Freak is a forum based play-by-post role playing site with a growing community that doesn't restrict itself to any one genre. RPG Freak is all about role playing diversity.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Eddie and Fe start walking toward the jungle in the direction of a small game trail.

“Wait,” comes a voice from behind them. It’s Westfield, the one who Fe’s company had sent separately. Rick had ordered five strippers and given specifications that one be “dressed like a man”, which had apparently been interpreted as “send a man,” the mix-up wasn’t realized until they were out at sea and Westfield began taking off his clothes. Being a millionaire, Rick said he’d still pay him but he did not want a male stripper. He graciously invited James Westfield to join the party and have fun, and he did exactly that. He’s cursed the agency since the moment he found out what went wrong and especially since the storm.

“I want to come with you,” he says. “Emotions are way too tense back there to stay on the beach.” Behind him two of the crewmen come walking, guns at their hips, they are Howie and Albert; both dressed uniform black jeans and T-shirts.

“Your dad sent us,” Howie says sheepishly to Eddie. He’s one of the newer crew members, a good worker but very quiet. He looks like the kind of guy that the ladies go for, rugged and masculine but with eyes that speak of vulnerability.

“We know you have a weapon, Eddie;” Albert says with reproach in his tone, “But what about the pole dancers?” Albert is a tall, thick limbed older man with a shaved head and tattoos all over his body. “Either of you know how to use a gun?”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:43 am

As someone calls to them, Fe turns to see who it is. It's the kid who's pretty enough to be a girl but is actually a male stripper. She had met him briefly in passing, but knew of his reputation. As he spoke, she nodded and smiled. "Well, the more the merrier." she shrugs blankly, and goes to speak again only to be interrupted by two of the biggest men in the group. Fe knows neither of their names, but knows they work for Captain Ron. The men mention guns, and turn to them to ask if they know how to use a weapon. Well, she had dated a marine sniper once, if there was anything he was good at, it was guns. She had learned how to shoot by the time she was 19, she may be a bit rusty but she could handle a gun.

"Pass me a gun, I'll show you." she smiled brightly and winked at the guy who was asking all the questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 am

"Yea man the more people along that can save my ass if need be the better." Eddie say's with a welcoming smile. The smile faded when he saw Albert and Howie walking behind the male stripper. The smile didn't fall due to Howie, Eddie actually enjoyed Howies company and they had spent several nights talking with him and Eddie was one of the only people that Howie ever actually talked with for any extended amount of time.

Albert however was an insufferable condescending douchebag. One drunken night Albert and Eddie got into one of there countless arguments and Albert decided to slap him. Eddie responded by beating the ever loving shit out of him. The main reason Eddie had beaten Albert so badly was that Albert was drank much more than he did but Eddie still believed that he would win if they ever fought again. Since the fight Albert never addressed him unless Captain Ron specifically said so. Captain Ron never found out about this fight, though he had his suspicions, Or else Eddie and Albert both would have been fired.

Eddie reached into his bag and pulled out his magnum and put it in his front pocket when Albert mentioned the gun. He hoped Albert wouldn't try any of his alpha male bullshit during there expedition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:57 am

Albert gives a satisfactory nod to Felicia and hands her a gun before turning to James Westfield. "What about you, sunshine?"

James shrugs. "I can probably figure it out."

Albert hands the gun over hesitantly. "I have the safety on," he tells him; showing him how to flip the safety off. "Don't take the safety off unless you're certain you need to fire that thing, and keep it in your belt until you're certain you need to pull it out, okay?"

James nods.

Albert turns to Eddie. "Ready when you are," he says behind a scowl and a clenched jaw; "Just lead the way."


[OOC: Since it's just you two (unless Blaise should happen to show up) I'll try to update as soon as you both post.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Fe takes the gun with a smirk and tucks it into her jeans' pocket. James looks a little leery of the gun, but accepts anyway. She pats his shoulder encouragingly, letting him know that she's there for him. Fe then turns to Eddie as Albert mentions him leading the way, but from the way he said it with such disdain, she had the feeling that Albert wasn't a big fan of Eddie. Was it because he was Captain Ron's son? Or were there underlying matters? She decided to shrug it off for now, and follow Eddie as he lead the way into the jungle. Fe was a little nervous to go into the dense jungle, but she had three big men to protect her and James... What could possibly go wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm

Eddie turns towards the dark imposing forest and with a deep breath starts following the game trail. He makes sure to keep his eyes and ears open for anything suspicious. He try's to keep his mind focused on the task at hand but but as usual his mind starts to wander. He thinks about there current situation and what cosmic forces sent him to this island.

He laughs a little bit at himself for having that thought. Normally he scoffed at ideas like entity's that controlled peoples fate or fate even existing but in desperate situations he always wondered if maybe there was some sort of cosmic black humor play with himself and the rest of humanity as the main stars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:47 pm

After almost an hour of walking the game trail leads to a small pristine blue lake where, on the far side, a dog-sized lizard pauses in drinking from the water to size them up. The trail continues around the lake and into the tropical forest a little ways ahead.

Beneath the surface of the water dark shadows of large fish swim around tranquilly. Not far from them a contraption in the water that looks natural enough at first, but is actually a net weaved from dried grasses.

[OOC: Who ever posts first will be the one to notice that it is a trap and not just some weeds or some-shit.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:26 am

Eddie is the first to notice the lizard and his mind skips a beat. He had never seen a lizard this large except on the other side of thick plexi glass in a zoo. He quickly grabs his gun and takes it off of saftey in case this lizard Reyes anything frisky. Stating the obvious he says "that's a big ass lizard."

When Eddie realizes the lizard isn't much of a threat he starts to walk towards the lake. First he notices the big shadows and a chill goes down his spine. Despite his father being a sailor big fish freeked him out which is one of the reasons that he had never really taken to the sea farers life. His eyes wander towards what at first seems like clumps of weeds. He notices that something is strange about it. After analyzing it for awhile he sees that it is some sort of trap, What for exactly he isn't sure.

"So we got a big ass lizard some big ass fish and a big ass net. At least we know that the people on the edge of the woods wasn't some sorta mass hallucination." As he says this and stands he turns toward the rest of the group. "you guys wanna keep going or report back to camp? I don't really care either way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 pm

After wandering along the trail for about an hour or so, they come across a lake and a huge ass lizard. Fe blinks, not believing her own eyes at the present moment, but apparently it was true because Eddie muttered her inner thoughts, she almost giggled at what he said. Once she takes her eyes away from the lizard she also sees huge fish swimming in the lake. Great, more things that could potentially eat them. Now, just where were the crazy natives to shoot those poison darts at them? And throw wooden spears? She shuddered to think that could be true, then her head whipped around to look at Eddie as he spoke.

"Wait... What? A trap?" she frowns at him in confusion when he mentions the net. Did something or someone know they were there? Was that net even for them? Fe sighs, and rubs the back of her neck trying to think of what to do. "Well, we found a body of water, that'll be helpful. But we do need to find more sources of food, we're going to run out in a few days even if we ration appropriately." she looks up at Eddie, then moves her gaze from him to the others in the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:20 pm

"Food?" Albert says incredulously. "There's fish all over the place in this little lake... Not to mention the ocean. We just need to start fishing."

Hank wanders away from the group a little, on his way to the weaved grass netting that was partially submerged in the water on against the bank not too far from them. He squats down beside the shore to look at the trap. "There're two fish inside of it," he calls back.

"Great!" Albert says, "That's two less fish we nede to catch. Bring it over here."

"Wait!" Westfield calls. "Maybe we shouldn't. I mean, they don't belong to us and we already know there are people out here."


"Fuck them," Albert says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:34 pm

"Hank leave the fish alone, the last thing we want to do is piss of the local's." Even as Eddie says this he isn't so sure. The image of Rick laying in his own blood with his throat slit flashes through his mind. Were the people catching these fish the same ones that killed rick? Probably. Unless of course this small island supported multiple tribes.

Either way Eddie didn't want to start a full fledged war over a couple of fish. He remembers seeing a movie about some national guards in the bayou who stole some Cajuns boats and cut there fishing lines. The Cajuns didn't take it lightly and killed off most of the military guys. Defenitly not something he wanted to experience in the real world.

"Let's just kill the lizard and leave there fish alone. We can bring up more of the people on the beach to collect some of this water." Eddie points his gun at the lizard ready to pull the trigger unless anyone objects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:08 am

Felicia watches the men argue over whether or not to take the fish that have already been caught. She kicks the sand around her feet as she folds her arms about her chest. She agreed with Eddie, since there were others on this island, it's most likely their fish and she did not want those people tracking her and the rest of the group down over two fish. Besides, what if they were poisonous? She looks up as the boys stop fighting and Eddie points his gun at the big lizard, she puts her hand on his arm and looks into his eyes.

"The lizard isn't hurting anybody... Besides, what if bullets don't penetrate its skin? Then you'd just be wasting ammo." she shrugs, then lets her hand fall. The island isn't cold, but she feels a creeping chill wander down her spine. Fe sighs again, and folds her arms around her chest. "Can't we just walk around it?" she chuckles more to herself, than the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:35 am

"I agree with the girl," Albert says in an even tone. "Gunfire would also alert any who may be out there to our presence. Let's try to avoid the big lizard."

"So what are we doing then?" Hank asks. "Are we heading back or pressing on?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 am

Eddie feels Fe's hand on his arm and lowers his gun. " alright your right." He says grudgingly agreeing with Albert and beating himself up for not thinking about alerting the natives. " I don't feel like we've accomplished anything with this so I think we should go a little further in."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Albert and Hank nod in a agreement, no one would be satisfied with only a report of drinking water, Brandon had already found something in the first night and it was apparently closer to the beach anyway. They turn around, prepared to walk on when three dark shapes fall from the trees, landing without a sound.

These shadows stand up tall, they are dark skinned with faces painted like skulls. The one closest to the group takes a step forward and opens his hand before him to reveal a small pile of a red powder-like substance. He presses it to his face and blows hard, sending a plume of red dust toward the group. The dust stings everywhere it touches, getting into the eyes of some of them to cause a serious burning sensation.

[You are all blinded. Even if you managed to close your eyes, it will blind you the moment that you open them.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:05 am

Eddie on instinct raises his gun when he sees the figures drop down. After they blow the red powder into his eyes he fires 3 shots in the general direction of there attackers. "Fucking Christ!" he yells in frustration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Fe watches as the islanders jump down, and wonders what they were going to do until a red dust was blown at them. On instinct, she tries to shield herself from it, but the red dust still gets into her eyes and no matter how much she blinks the stuff only seems to get worse. Fe recoils when she hears Eddie fire the gun and ends up toppling into someone standing behind her. She wasn't sure who it was, but she lie there desperately rubbing her eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:15 pm

[sarcasm]slightly[/sarcasm] over due. Sorry about that. Hate to not update people who are actually playing. Sooner you update, the sooner I will (for real this time)]




Fe stumbled into someone who screamed in a moment of fear. She continued moving backwards until she her foot found no purchase and she fell backwards into the cold water.

Eddie heard a scream and a splash and turned in that direction, but something heavy was brought down on the back of his head and he got woozy. Somehow he managed to maintain his grasp on conciousness and though he couldnt' see anything, he could feel arms around him dragging him backward and the dragging sounds of two other bodies. His skin still burned but he could feel it cooling, smelling must and mold in the air then the sound of something heavy being moved.

After some time Eddie was dropped unceremoniously on the cold ground; his skin still stinging slightly from the powder. He tested his eyes a few times but could feel nothing and the air hitting his eyes stung all the worse.

He heard a moan from beside him.



The chill of the lake was blessingly cool, a nice repireve from the burning of the powder. Fe opened her eyes a few times and felt the burning start to subside and her vision slowly return, though things were still quite blurry.

Everyone was gone save for someone who appeared to be Albert (based on his size, she couldnt' tell for sure), who was stumbling blindly around and grasping at the air.


Last edited by Fire Couch on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:42 am

Eddie Reaches towards the groans. He whispers " hey who are you, it's to fucking dark to tell." Eddie felt a bit of nauseau from the possible concussion. That was one of the hardest shots he had ever taken and it's effect was not small.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Fe was still somewhat blind, but the water had helped with the sting on her skin. From the shapes and outlines she could make out, it looked like Albert was stumbling around. She swam toward his direction, she was well aware of the fact that she was in the water with the over-sized fish and was a little concerned for her safety. "Albert? Is that you?" she called out to him, in hopes it was him and not someone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:24 pm

"It's James," came a weak voice from beside Eddie. "What happened? Where are we?"

Wherever they were it was cold and quiet. The earth beneath them was cool and damp. In the distance they could hear the murmer of voices, but it was too far off to make anything out. Straining his ears, Eddie could hear someone breathing in the room with them. Whoever it was either did not want to make their presence known by speaking, or was unconcious.







"Yeah it's me," Albert said. "I can't see anything. Where are you?" He stumbled in the general direction of Fe's voice, stopping just short of the water. Her vision became clearer the more the water touched it. Things were still blurry, but she was able to see much more clearly than before. She estimeated that her vision would return to normality in a few minutes. Thankfully, the stinging had subsided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masshavok

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-12-10
Age : 22
Location : your deepest darkest dreams of unforgiving sex and nihilism

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 am

Eddie grabs James forearm. "I hear someone breathing." Eddie whispers. He slowly starts following the noises to the source again with his arm extended leading James by his forearm. Eddie was hoping that whoever or whatever was breathing was going to be friendly. His nerves were on edge and he was ready to kill anything that tryed to hurt him.

The effects of his concussion. He was almost certain that it was a concussion at this point, he had experienced them more times then he would like to admit and was familiar with the effects. He was no longer dizzy and nauseous but his ears were still ringing a bit and it felt like there was a hornets nest lodged deeply in his brain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Fe kept dunking her head in the water to clear the powder from her eyes, her vision was still slightly blurry but she could see so much better now. "I fell into the water, I'm coming toward you though so stay put." she said as she swam closer to where Albert was. "The water helps with the stinging and blurry vision..." she said as the land came closer she reaches up and pulls herself onto the dirt. "Where are Eddie and James?" she asks as she looks up at Albert.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fire Couch
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Fri May 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Eddie doesn't have to reach far to brush up against the shirt of whomever sits beside him. His fingers probe briefly to reveal a muscled form under a collared shirt. Like he and James were only moments before, this one is unconcious.



"The water helps with the stinging and blurry vision," Fe said.

"Okay," Albert responded, walking into the water and ducking his head down. When he came back up she asked about Eddie and James. He rubbed at his eyes, feeling some relief. He splashed at his face repeatedly, reveling in the cooling sensation.

"For fucks sake that feels good." He blinked a few times and looked around, half-squinting. "I don't know," he told the girl; "but it looks like Hank's missing too."

by now your vision should be fully restored. Feel free to look around or do whatever you feel inclined to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fefe
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 29

Character sheet
Character:
1/1  (1/1)
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   Sat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

"Is he really?" she asked as she swam to the edge and pulled herself out of the water. She was soaked to the core and shivered as the breeze hit her skin. Fe looked at Albert and sighed. She was worried about Eddie. On the ground she found her bag and she was relieved to know the gun she was given was dry. "Should we go after them? Or should we regroup and then go after them?" she asked Albert as she turned to face him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle   

Back to top Go down
 
Shipwreck. Day 2 - Into the Jungle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Welcome To The Jungle [Travel]
» (Shipwreck Cove) A Lost Memory Reunited (open)
» Welcome to the Jungle (GOFF)
» Swinging from the vines
» This is an old dead topic

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Freak :: Games in Play :: Contemporary-
Jump to: