RPG Freak
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RPG Freak

RPG Freak is a forum based play-by-post role playing site with a growing community that doesn't restrict itself to any one genre. RPG Freak is all about role playing diversity.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.

Go down 
+2
cool74
Admin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Empty
PostSubject: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Discuss to your hearts content.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpgfreak.rpg-board.net
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Left_bar_bleue1/3Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)
Info: Uydr
More info: Baddass Beast man

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:46 pm

How much does water cost?
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:
Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Left_bar_bleue1/3Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/3)
Info: Avren Cinneta
More info: Seeker of Knowledge

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:41 pm

In a lot of fantasy settings I see brass or bronze coins being used as another tier between copper and silver. Might be handy here, since silver seems like it's a much bigger step up from copper than just ten coins.

And Cool, water is free. Your guy just left the waitress a hell of a tip, though. *wanders into restaurant, drinks glass of water, leaves $100 bill on the table, wanders out* Laughing I hope that was intentional because I could see it being perfectly in character.

Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Mizal wrote:

And Cool, water is free. Your guy just left the waitress a hell of a tip, though. *wanders into restaurant, drinks glass of water, leaves $100 bill on the table, wanders out* Laughing I hope that was intentional because I could see it being perfectly in character.

It sure was. I figured my guy would not understand how money works exactly. So being him anytime he finds a weapon he sells it, because he thinks there worthless. Then he gets money which he does not understand the value of and figure whatever keeping it in a bag on his pants. Which invites highway robbers which he defeats getting more weapons more money. It is a cycle.

The reason my character didn't get beer is because he dislikes what alcohol does to his senses muddying them up. He wasn't hungry and he prefers the woods to rooms.

Thanks for noticing the effort. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:29 am

Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:38 am

Are Aldaire golds special in anyway from gold coins? You had a star there like you meant to add in a footnote or something.

Also, what do you think of getting an OOC discussion thread about the ongoing RP, so me and Cool don't do things like derail this one anymore? Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Mizal wrote:
Are Aldaire golds special in anyway from gold coins? You had a star there like you meant to add in a footnote or something.

Also, what do you think of getting an OOC discussion thread about the ongoing RP, so me and Cool don't do things like derail this one anymore?

Sorry, I forgot the footnote. No difference, they're just gold coins with the sigil of the current monarch on them. There are still some older gold coins about (some with more gold in them than others) but Aldaires are the one in circulation now. (i'll add the footnote to the game, thanks for pointing it out.

OOC discussion, sure. Why not? Oh look, I magically made this thread the OOC discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Admin wrote:
There are still some older gold coins about (some with more gold in them than others)

Yeah, Avren's usually packing a couple of those as part of her emergency fund.

Quote :

OOC discussion, sure. Why not? Oh look, I magically made this thread the OOC discussion thread.

Excuse me but I thought we weren't allowed to use magic here, better explain yourself mister. Cool
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Mizal did you mean for your character to come off as a stuck up B*tch or was that an accident?

No insult to you personally through.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 pm

^^^ I meant for her to come off as a person who's very concerned about her very precious, expensive, and difficult to replace property being handed off to some random kid by a person who really should know better. It that makes her a stuck up bitch then sure why not.

Also, Bo, where did you go? Get your butt in that thread and post, man!

Also also, taking bets now on whether Cool's character spends the entire game picking apples, staring at trees, and scratching his butt while completely ignoring the plot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:44 pm

I am fallowing the plot. Did you not read my paragraph?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:58 pm

Wait, cool74... Was the above post in-character? because it would totally make sense for Udyr to not understand the nuances of humor.
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 am

It was spouse to be sarcastic but I guess that did not come across.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 am

First you were leaving the plot uncultivated and now your wife was to be sarcastic you are not making any sense what is going on I am so confused Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:03 am

Oh, and DEP, just FYI I made a couple of minor changes to my post...I wrote in a rush before work and wasn't 100% happy with it. The only thing that really changed is that I had Avren say she still needed the small room for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 pm

No promises, but I'm going to try to get an update in tonight since it's just the three of you and you've already all posted.

If this site ever gets running with more people and more games, I'll follow the update schedule more closely.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:45 pm

I definitely wouldn't mind more frequent updates--I know that's pretty much exactly the opposite of what I said when I signed up, but right now with only three of us and nothing too complicated going on trying to keep up with everyone else's posts isn't the problem I was afraid it would be.

(Actually my main concern now is that we may not have enough diversity for a proper adventure. I think I'll have to take a little time tomorrow to personally nag Bo and CandyMan....anyone recognize the others that've signed up?)

Or, failing that, any chance of you rolling up your own character with your other account? Or is that something you'd prefer to avoid? I doubt any one here would have a problem with it...I mean, as long as your character doesn't effortlessly kick everyone's ass and then spend the rest of the game chillin' with his pet dragon and sleeping on a pile of gold whenever he's not visiting his personal harem... Wink

Then again, depending on what you have planned, the three we have now might work out just fine.

Also dreamshell you should talk more, me and cool poking each other with sticks gets old after awhile. tongue

*pokes cool* oh wait nevermind, that is still pretty fun Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. 2zolm5c
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 11:55 pm

I could poke you with a stick all day Twisted Evil

But yeah things are really slow. More updates would not bother me.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 am

^^^I feel it would be very easy to make some kind of joke about sexual harassment here. Too easy, in fact. (like Cool's mom, amirite? Cool or at least that's what everyone says)

Anyway, post is up.

Kind of long but apparently Avren just looooves to hear herself talk. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cool74

cool74

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 am

The admind made it sound like this inn was on the edge of the city not smack dab in the middle of it. Great now I am lost and have a angry mutt after me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:30 pm

cool74 wrote:
The admind made it sound like this inn was on the edge of the city not smack dab in the middle of it. Great now I am lost and have a angry mutt after me.

No he didn't. I happen to be close personal friends with the admin, and he says you should read the opening post again and stop assuming things.
Back to top Go down
dreamshell

Character sheet
Character:
Info:
More info:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Mizal wrote:
Also dreamshell you should talk more, me and cool poking each other with sticks gets old after awhile. tongue

Well, I'm not getting all the updates I should be, so it's a little difficult. I'll check the site itself more frequently as opposed to emails.
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Aw crap we must be in for some serious trouble if he thinks he needs to send Olaf along... pale
Back to top Go down
Mizal

Mizal

Character sheet
Character:

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Oh, and just making sure I followed everything right, Avren doesn't know Gil changed his mind about Tom yet, and Tom still has to be 'officially' told?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Mizal wrote:
Oh, and just making sure I followed everything right, Avren doesn't know Gil changed his mind about Tom yet, and Tom still has to be 'officially' told?

Since you've pretty much been chilling at the bar, I'm going to assume that you overheard Gil tell him no. But I guess that's ultimately up to you, if your character wasn't paying attention or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.   Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grey Lake 1 - OOC discussion forum.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next